7.04.2007

That's How People Throw Up


(Just 'Cause)

This has been bothering me since Friday, so I just wanted to write a quick little Moz update. First, he apparently rescheduled the Boston show for July 7th (I can go! Yes!), but he has been cancelling and postponing shows this week, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, Morrissey performed a new song on Letterman, which aired last Friday, but was taped the day before he played in Boston. He said something to the crowd about his voice cracking that night, because David keeps the studio "30 below." So Letterman is to blame for my disappontment. I DVRed the show, and watched a little bit of it leading up to Moz. Here's the thing...Letterman was serving up HUGE PLATES OF MEAT to the audience!! Before Morrissey played! I forget if it was ribs or sausage or some other carnage, but Dave said something like, "We should always have ______ (ribs, sausage, dead carcass) on the show!" Luke also pointed out to me that Kucinich was on the show that night, who is a vegan. Morrissey has requested at all of his venues for his tour that they take meat products off the menu for the evening. I love it.

Here's his new song, "That's How People Grow Up" on youtube. I think there's a big fight in the comments about the meat stuff. The usual stupidity of anyone who bothers to try and win a fight ON THE INTERNET. Highlight: Moz's pouty face at 3.29. Maybe he's pouting about the ribs??
***
I take take the cue from certain people I know

It was my birthday a while ago! Some people got me incredibly nice, thoughtful gifts. If friends even remember to wish me happy birthday (because I am so bad at remembering thatt kind of thing), I am amazed. Farnie gave me my favorite perfume that I wrote about a while back. She's moving to Dresden in August, and in the card, she wrote, "You can always remember me by scent." More true than ever now. Pixie remembered that there was this T-shirt I wanted at Forever 21, and she went back and got it for me! So nice. So thoughtful. Sue gave me silver coasters and picture frames from Restoration Hardware! Fancy me! Minnie gave me pretty flowers and a card that might be my favorite brithday card ever because it says "Happy Anonymous Birthday, Mishka," which is perfect because I wish all of my birthdays could be seeecret. Except, crap, now I am writing about my stupid birthday!

Point is though, I need to try and be a better friend and do nice thoughful things like all of these people.

No comments: