6.30.2007

Pic-a-nic Basket


Thursday was girls' night. Some people think there is no longer a necessity for ladies night, living in this highly enlightened, equality-driven landscape of post-post-feminism and meta-absurdism. To those people I say: You have obviously never been treated to a picnic on a porch in the city! Sheet party. Nosh fest. Call it what you will. It was the closest I've come to the giddyness of a summer sleepover in the 90's since...well, the 90's.

Ladies Present: Hil, Kristen, Sue (Cat), L Stern, Sarah, and myself. On the menu: watermelon slices with mozzerrella, evoo, and mint, salmon and cream cheese on bread, chilled cucumber soup. I brought stuff to make s'mores, but we didn't have a fire. No worries, marshmallows and chocolate bars happen to be the perfect thing to munch on while dissecting relationships, personalities, and tragic cat lives (!), cooked or raw.

There's something about good company that makes me want to smoke a ba-jillion cigarettes, and this night was no exception. My lungs hurt, but now my heart is full. Summer is so fun when you're perched on a porch, discussing everything under the sun until the sun goes down, way down.

***
also, guilty pleasures this week.

1 comment:

Pixie said...

Girls hang outs are so much better than boys ones-- why don't they eat? Also-- that is the guiltiest pleasure I know right now. Only topped by stalking the F21 website DAILY for their "21 deals" section... oy