7.12.2007

Bee Spot Honey Pot


About a year ago I bought this raw honey from the Boston Honey Company. I think I had recently taken the footprint quiz, and had learned that if everyone lived like me, gluttonous, wastoid little old me, then we would need about 2 planet Earths to live sustainbly. I suggest taking the test, and don't lie to make yourself feel better!

So, I was trying to be more sustainable. I rode my bike to the locally-owned store and bought the locally-made honey and then I put it in my recycled potato sack bag and on the way home I planted a tree.

Anyway, now the honey jar sits on my kitchen window ledge, just chillin'. Yesterday was a really windy day, and the wind blew the lid off the honey onto the floor. "That's weird," I thought, and put the lid back on. Then I walked into my kitchen a little while later and found a dead bee on my kitchen floor!! I picked it up with a napkin, and it was like, a serious bee. Its little legs were hairy and so was its body. I threw it away, sad for the hairy little guy.

Last night I went out with Leo, and our across-the-river adventures brought us to *cue theme* the Beehive! It was my first time at the Bar Everyone Talks About. I was a quick convert. This place is the coolest space in Boston! It's like a New York bar, only bigger, less filled with typical people, and cleaner. Exposed brick and ceiling boards, dark wood bar and tables, live jazz band that really got into it and broke things down just to build them back up...what else. The bathroom was even cool. I guess their drink list isn't that extensive, but that's OK with me. Just go. Go now! Their logo is a "B" with little robot legs. Cute.

We took a few pictures with Leo's phone. Robots, innit.

3 comments:

mat jeff said...

I agree that its a cool space, but I hate the lowercase b with the robot legs.

Also, your entry about shaws using c.list as a guerilla mktng tool deserves to be grown into a for real article.

mishka said...

Is it a lowercase b? I thought it was a capital. adding robot legs to anything makes it funny/cute.

Pixie said...

You so sold me on this, then I found out my lez-nemesis bartends there! Waa.