7.20.2007

It's Been a Bad Day, Please Don't Take My Picture

I have decided that I want to take more pictures for my blog. That way I can write less and think less and people will probably be happy to just look at my stupid pictures and call it a day without having had a mini-tour through the mind of Mishka. This should also hopefully help me from getting too "Dear Diary," and narrating my life a'la Carrie Bradshaw: "I wondered...when it comes to life and love, why do we believe our worst reviews?"* I mean, I did utter the phrase "Split End Creek" just the other day, and I barely even batted an eye. Cringe.


*an actual Carrie quote. You didn't think I'd come up with that up myself, did you?

***********************************************************>>>

The other night I went out with Minnie! I hadn't seen her in forevs, so I was excited all day to see her. But when it came time to get ready, I started to feel a little hinky. Must've been something I ate. I'm kind of poor right now, so I'm living off a strict diet of Triscuits, Sabra Hommus, and Tabouleh. Ewwww.


I managed to get it together, and we met up in Central Square. We went to Middlesex, hadn't been there in a while. It was pretty empty at first, but started to fill up within the hour. Soul night was going on, and when we left it seemed as if a dance party was mere seconds from breaking out. But, I dunno...the 'Sex is maybe losing some of its magic.


So, then we went to MidEasy to meet with these dudes! St. Vincent was playing a show and we were going to all go. But for some reason we never got around to it. I wish I had seen her. They play the show now on a TV in the bar, but with no volume. It kind of makes me nervous.

The night ended with margaritas at Zuzu. The DJ started to play really loud obnoxious music so everyone would leave after they did last call. It sucked, but I know how it is.

***

Last night, Thursday, was ladies night:

Kristen said not to put this picture of her up, but I hope she was kidding. It's totes cute!


I told the girls that I am going to start taking pictures for my blog, which means I am about to become a lot more annoying as a person. We'll see how long I keep it up for (probably not very long). It also means I'll probably get a lot of "Talk to the hand" pics.
p.s. Don't you like Hilary's wall adornments? She is such a good interior designer. Her pad is sweet!


Charlie's Angels. I love this picture. Lauren didn't like her Saran wrap prop, haha. And Kristen looks like she's on the phone! This resulted in bad pun jokes about making a "Cone call."


Mint chocolate chip is my favorita. Mmmmmmmm.


Look how happy I am to be eating my favorite ice cream!! Lauren is good at finding picture props on the fly.


A contemplative moment at girl's night. Maybe I am regretting all the ice cream.


I love this trio, it's a nice juxtaposition. Look who's talking all designerly!


I like how these colors looked together too. I wish I hadn't cut off the yellow clock though. Lauren, maybe this should be your new myspace photo?!?

So Lauren, Kristen, and I left Hilwa's and headed Cambridge-bound. We rocked out to Umbrella song on the way...twice! Then I wanted to play D.A.N.C.E. for them, but my stupid old ipod didn't fit in Lauren's dock thingy. Thin is in! The laaaadies dropped me at Chez and I ran across Mass Ave. yelling to them, "I love ladies' night!" mwah.


Went in Chez Hank's and Victoria Beckham was just chilling at the bar. Welcome to America, Posh!


Oh wait, it's Beth. Yay!


Paul made shots for Leo, Beth, and me even though I said I didn't want one. Guess which glass is mine?


Luke came by for a snicket. Bearded man, quite a hot ticket.


Then Paul started to beat up on Brocket! Actually he was showing him his new gliding walls through the window. For some reason they reminded me of something from Boogie Nights. You know the scene where Dirk is showing off his new digs, and he keeps saying what material everything is? He's like, "This suit is 100 percent imported Italian rayon." Anyway, the gliding doors remind me of something that Dirk would have in his house.


Not smiling in pictures runs in the family.



At Noir it turned into a camera duel! Things were getting ugly.

So I left.

No comments: