7.23.2007

I Always Cry at Weddings

Let's rewind to Friday, mkay? Why, you ask? Well, because that's where the story starts.

Looky who's back from San Fran!!! Booootsy Collins, the creator and cornerstone of Good Timey Friday! Rascals.

So everyone skip to my lou'd on down to Toad to see Kelly play. Never a cover!

Moz showed up! Surprise visitor #2!

Is this Friday good timey yet? I think we're gettin' there!

We were starting to get fancy feet inside the bar. Kelly was rockin' the joint!

More surprise guests: Dave and AM. Leo can't handle it!

It was so fun hanging out with Betsy again. She told me this story about camping and there were bears in the camp. They tried to steal her food (I saw a picture, it was very Yogi Bear and a pic-a-nic basket, if Yogi was actually a huge black bear that could kill you with one swipe), then her neighbor at the camp who she called "Wilderness Man" chased the bears away saying, "Get out of here Bear! That's not your food Bear!" and hitting a hatchet against a tree, as the bear loafed on down the road. I like the idea of a man who thinks he can reason with a bear: "you didn't pay for that food Bear!" Ha ha ha.

***
On Saturday, the gang went to see Jim Gaffigan at the South Shore Music Circus. For a taste of Mr. Gaff Laff's humor, check out his hot pocket routine, he's famous for it!

Photo op on the porch.

My new Libertine shirt. My outfit is almost head-to-toe Target.

At the Music Circus. What kind of people will be at the Music Circus we wondered?

This dude was there. Wow, totally South Shore bro.

And there was this fine specimen of S. Shore-ness.

Look at this girl's South Shore leggings, what a fool.


Jim Gaffigan was funny. There was someone right behind us who had the most whooping-it-up, howlingest laugh in the world. Sometimes I couldn't hear his jokes over the thunder of this one-woman laugh machine! More power to ya, honey. Sometimes, I laughed so much, I had to take a break from laughing. I was like, "No matter how funny this next joke is, I can't laugh. My face hurts." This was my birthday present from Jill and Erik. Thanks guys! Besas y abrezos.

***
So Sunday was Farnie's wedding. She looked beauty-ful! Sarah will always be my purple power friend bike buddy. "Ride hard, ride strong!"

A picture in the church. I like how the light looks. I'm not going to post pics of the ceremony because it just feels kind of personal.

The ladies afterwards. Fashionistas!

Megan telling S. how beautiful she looks. True.

The dude. I can't believe they are moving to Germany. So sad. Farnie's Grandpa told me that he was once stationed in Berlin and they sweep the streets there, and rake the forests. Very clean.

Dirty martini? Dirty bastard.

Sarah asked us to watch her purse. We watched it, all right. Voyeurs.

Congratulations, you old so and so.

I wanted to reenact our "Don't be snobby with me" photo sesh from long ago, but it didn't quite work out so I am throwing this in for good measure. Guess we've lost our edge with age.

Charming.

Dresden is about to have a whole lotta love in it.

1 comment:

mishka said...

this is a test. dontworryaboutit.