7.09.2007

Very (Un)Important

Is Shaw's Supermarkets doing a guerilla marketing campaign on Boston Craigslist missed connections? For the past two days, there have been kind of spammy posts about seeing someone cute at Shaw's.

Shaws in Newtonville at the Deli around 620 - w4m:
we were both getting stuff at the deli, you were wearing a blue striped shirt i think... I would have flirted a little... but the circumstance prevented that.

shaws prudential - m4m - 35:
today at 530 i came in to do some shopping and we both stared at eachother for a while. u work there and have gray hair. email me if you want to meet.

shaw's missed connection - m4w:
you were shopping alone and wearing an orange shirt and had a beautiful smile which you flashed at me this afternoon (6/8/07) at around 2:00ish. I was unshaven and wearing a Harvard t-shirt

A search for "shaws" gives back ten hits in the last two days! Even the replies seem kind of fake:

Shaw's this morning? Was it the one in Allston?
Hey,

I think I just missed your post (I'm a guy). There was someone who I kept wondering about this morning at Shaw's, but it was the one in allston. If you're the female that posted the original message and it's the same place, write back. i'm very curious....

thanks


It's like Shaw's is trying to make us think people are always hooking up at their supermarkets, and let us know the many various towns where you can get a piece of the action!

Just as likely: I have far too much time on my hands.

No comments: