7.25.2007

Patchwork Memories

Monday night we went to a bar for Luke to do his Bar Code. Don't know if it's in the papers yet so I don't want to "scoop" him on where we went. That's a little J-school lingo for you. I learned so much at that place. Jake came!

On the street, the requisite hold-my-camera-at-arms-length picture.

Martini glass. I like how the sky and tree look in contrast.

M's in a window.

Some other fancy store lit up at night.

I happened to run in to Dave on the way to work on Tuesday. See that paper bag? Dave always has a sandwich handy between the hours of 3 and 4 on any given day. "Want half a sandwich?" he asked me.

We went to Hi Rise to get Arnold Palmers. This is the courtyard there. I don't sit with the bourgeoisie, we rolled back to the working class bench. I love summertime.

Dave: "Stop taking my picture."

Then at work I saw Abby Ab Ab Abs!!! She got out early, and when I was done I picked her up at Chez to hit Noir for a little brewhaha. "This doesn't count as hanging out!" I warned her. (Don't worry Abs, secretly it does count.)

Earlier that night Abby made a joke about someone buying a one way ticket to Break Up City. Ha! My new favorite line.

Look who's buying a one way ticket to Brainiac City.

Someone needs to buy a one way ticket to Madras City.

You try it! These guys are buying a one way ticket to _____________ City.

Who wants a one way ticket to Cutie Pie City? Ok, I think I got it out of my system.

I went to hang out with Jillers in Ye Olde Towne of Pembrook today, Wednesday. But first Luke and I went for our daily walk to the store, when I get coffee and he gets his usual stuff. I took this picture because I never noticed Ranc's has a parrot hanging from its ceiling. "The parrot matches your shirt!" I said, and the friendly barrista who always makes me espresso (even when I order coffee!) started cracking up. Ha.

It was a special occassion! Jill and I get our pictures taken in this photo booth at the Hanover Mall every summer. It's our "thing." For some reason they move the photo booth all around the mall (is the Hanover Mall messing with us?), so we have to look around for it. This year, it is smack dab outside of Old Navy, so no biggie finding it.

Getting ready for our close up. You know what? I can't lie. This year we did it twice because I really hated how the first ones came out! Jill wasn't happy about it, she said we'll displease the photo booth gods. But, I leaned in too close and you could only see my blurry features and the flash was really bright and I AM VAIN. Ok? Now get off my back about it!

Waiting for the photos. The girls in the advertisement on the booth are SO wacky!

The suspense is killing us! Will they be good? When the picture comes shooting out of the machine there's a little blow dryer that blows on it for a minute. But we always almost forget and grab the photo before it's dry!

Afterwards we went to Salvation Army to kill some time. Jill found a Chanel patent leather purse here one time (you can see the gold chain of her purse in this picture...oh how I covet that purse), so don't judge. You never know what treasures you'll find!

Treasures I tell you. Like this sponge-painted book shelf with sea creatures glued on the side.

And bric-a-brac, clearly labeled.


Other stuff that somehow didn't qualify for the bric-a-brac shelf.

Whoever decided to organize all second-hand stores by color is a genius. I would like to shake their hand.

So then Jill put on her coat and was like "Let's blow this pop stand."

We went to this other store that sells expensive furniture but they have an attic room where sometimes there's cheap stuff. Not today.

Through the looking glass.

Since we started doing this, we've missed one summer. It was that summer when I was being a giant turd. Remember when? I'm sorry about that.

2 comments:

If These Threads Could Talk said...

i totally bought a ticket to breaking plans city this morning but luckily i was able to switch trains. looking forward to tonight.

here's what i loved about this post.

1. the shirt that matches the parrot
2. the sandwich half dave never eats
3. the sisters annual photo booth visit. i might have to copy your idea. so if you run into me at a photo booth next summer, you'll know why.

Gigi said...

turd! lol! hee hee!