7.30.2007

Every Day I Go the Same Places, See the Same Faces


Thursssday, was the day S. & Cliff left. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Mr. and Mrs. Farnsworth! I'm sorry, nicknames are hard to quit, even for married folk. This is Sarah's apartment, it looked sad without all of her cute things in it.

When I got there, they were stressing out about their bags weighing too much. I guess there are weight limits when you fly international. They were taking things out of their bags and weighing them to see if it made any difference.

50 pounds, just right! Phew.

"To call for hands of above/to lean on/wouldn't be good enough/for me, no" (By the way try listening to Jose Gonzalez "Heartbeats" back to back with The Knife cover of "Heartbeats," only if you like things that are totally sweet you won't be sorry.)

Oh no! Here comes the sadness and the missing-ness.

Met up with Leo in the square. See the fellow singing in the background? Oh my goodness, he was playing every song under the sun about not worrying and being happy and he was just a good timer.

Leo got new kicks. I wish I got new kicks!

Met up with Abby for a bit. I love this picture, there are lots of shapes in it! Circle sunglasses, circle earrings, circle shadows, diamond chain link fence, octagon stop sign leaning to the right.

Saw Sue, finally, see you at ladies night, lady!

I used to work behind this building. I've always loved this building, but not in a "OH those great minds of Harvard in the off-hours" way. More because it manages to be owl-like and dignified at the same time. The dignified owl building.

We met BACK up with Leo and walked all the way to Porter to see Abby's friend play a show. But, oops, he wasn't playing there!

So Abs and Leo went to go find the right venue. I left those two kids to go to see the grrrls. Weekly ho'down.

Kristen came out on the porch and announced, "I have a jump rope!" So we all got some exercise. What did you think went on at ladies' night?!


Just jumpin' rope, doot doot doo.

Everybody's just jumpin' rope, doot doot doo.

Awe, sweetie sunshine faces.

Hilwa and I left together. We think we might secretly be very much alike, although others tend to disagree. We're getting to the bottom of it.

This was our train. Nice party bus motif!

Through some magical powers of the God of Gallavanting, I met back up with guess who. Shenanigans.

Friday, just your average day. After work I hung out with Dave. Can you see the hatred burning in his eyes every time I take his picture?

David. Sometimes we carpool to work together, I live on the way for him. Sometimes, I'll just be waiting for the bus, and David will pull up in his trusty steed. My hero!

Robby K has a blog too, he told me. Everybody has a blog! Yay!

Afterhour bar tricks. This trick is all about "leverage." I don't really feel like explaining it too much, but it was cool.

See? Leverage. Ahhhh.

Soooo, on Saturday I drove to the North Shore to hang with Minh and Alex and company. I was so wishy washy about going, but it was so fun! Also, there were floods in town when I got off the highway and I was really kind of terrified.

It was sunny when I left town, but by the time I got there, downpours! Will it ever stop raining?!

Alex's sweet sound system. What should we listen to all day?

Oh, I don't know...maybe some '80s music. Just a modest collection, really.

Gratuitous hot tob photos! Spring break 2007. Ha ha ha.

I can't believe we rocked the hot tub. How gauche.

Three men and a baby. Is that a lame caption?

I took pictures with my oktomat. Something tells me that it is not cool to lomo anymore. And by "something," I mean "Leo."

Has anyone ever not looked awkward in a pool ever in the history of the world? Or is it just me.

It was Minnie's day to relax. She looks relaxed, don't she?

My favorite girl, my favorite scarf & earrings, my favorite day.

1 comment:

mat jeff said...

i'm all caught up, mishka. time for you to start doing more things!