8.31.2006

MY, that's a Lovely Shade of Musk You're Wearing


Last week, Sarah and I were going to meet her boyfriend & co. at a bar in Central Square. For whatever reasons, this made us very giggly and girly as were getting ready at Sarah's apartment. We had given ourselves a time constraint of ten minutes, I think. Sarah is many things, and one of those things is a master mixologist. She is always wearing the right amount of perfume and it smells perfect and very come-hither. So I asked her if I could wear one of her many perfume flavors, and she said that she had a musk perfume and a lily of the valley and both of them were her favorites so she would wear whichever one I didn't choose.

Musk is kind of my favorite word, for all of its primal mysteriousness. I didn't even know what musk would smell like, but I knew I wanted to wear it. I thought it would be like the smell of a sweater you somehow managed to steal from your crush before you never saw him again, and then every night for three months you cuddled up with it in bed, practically choking on the nostalgia. After a while, your tears mixed with the boy-sweater-smell and that scent was musk. One can imagine. Ahem.

So S. wore lily of the valley and I went musky and all night long I could smell myself (in a good way).

Apparently, this perfume that I am now obsessed with is called Ultima II Sheer Scent, and it is discontinued from JC Penney (!), and Sarah buys it on eBay.

No comments: