9.05.2006

Full Bloom/Everything but the Kitchen Sink


I kind of have lot of balls in the air right now, or however that saying goes about juggling.

To list:
-Working like a dog at the restaurant, about to take on more responsibility for awhile
-Starting my sociocultural perspectives on ed. class in about two hours, meeting one night a week (one of my precious nights off) until December
-Just got back from an interview for a library assistant at an elementary school. This job would be great, but I am secretly hoping I don't get it. It would involve teaching 19 different classes, average size of 22. That's...418 students!! Can I make them wear nametags? Can I just let them use computers while I cat nap amongst the encyclopedias? Probably I won't get it because I am horribly unqualified for it. Pretty much my best qualification is that I wear glasses.

To make up for my stupid schedule, I just went to Formaggio's Kitchen and bought obscenely overpriced gourmet food. Some fancy granola, french bread, and of course, cheese. Fancy, expensive cheese. As the one perk of shopping at fancy, outrageously priced, don't-these-people-know-there-are-children-who-live-off-of-25 cents-a-day Foramaggio's, I got to eat a lot of samples while I was shopping around, trying to avoid the cheese boy's steely glare. The thing is, I could buy a jar of Newman's Own Basil & Tomato Sauce and a box of Bucatini pasta (my new favorite kind) at Shaw's and be just as satisfied. But where's the perk in doing that?

No comments: