8.16.2006

Backpedaling

As my sister's and nephew's plane from Georgia landed today, an extra-special report from Logan Airport: FLIGHT DIVERTED.*

My mother called me with an elevated alert-sounding voice and asked if I had seen the news. Knowing she was calling from the airport, this was enough for me to suffer a mini-panic attack. She didn't know what was going on, but said that there were cameras everywhere, bomb-sniffing dogs, and traffic, traffic, traffic. She wasn't sure if Kim's plane would be able to land.



*no real terrorism threat here folks. Just a kooky 60 year-old woman who may or may not have had hand lotion on a flight from London, may or may not have had "a letter from al-Qaeda," as early reports said (more likely a Koran), and may or may not be brown-skinned.

Watch, as the news reporters backpedal to make it seem as if they aren't racist, ignorant, and alarmist!

No comments: