8.23.2006

Coupla Things

Every time I listen to WFNX lately, I hear Miss Julie Kramer shilling for Dial-a-Mattress. The idea of a Dial-a company just sounds unsavory, like the Dial-a-Pizza that I used to live down the street from in Somerville. If it had just been a "Pizza Place," I would have thought it was fine, but it wasn't. It was a Dial-a-Pizza. Now, who in the world would want to dial a mattress? The last time I checked, mattresses were expensive, like in the low thousands. Why would a person want to just phone one in, rather than test it out, and buy it from a respectable storefront, rather than dial one up to a shady warehouse?

Every time Julie Kramer starts in on her mattress pitch, she says something along the lines of, "All you students out there are getting ready for school. Now, there's a lot to figure out, but you shouldn't have to figure out where to get your mattress from..."

What I want to know is, where are these campuses that you have to bring your own mattress?! If I had shown up for freshman year with my own bed, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have made it very far before some RA told me to get it out of there. But 1-800-mattress.com even has a back to school special. So. What. Is. The. Deal.

also, the Shins are playing in the McCarren Park pool tonight in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Makes me miss Greenpoint a tiny bit. Not the summer stench though. I'm living just fine without that.

No comments: