8.17.2007

Like a Swan With No Head, I Was All Neck and Feathers

On Wednesday, Minh asked me to go with her to the emergency room to have her stitches removed. She cut her wrist on a window pane a couple of weeks ago. I had never seen stitches removed, but it was easy peasy. I held Minh's hand. You can't really see her wound in this picture, but it's there.

This picture is so bright, but I am putting it up because it was Minnie and Alex's two year anniversary! Happy happy happy happy happy ann-i-verse-ary.

They were having a photo shoot on their roof deck for Caspian. I went over to take total behind the scenes shots.

There was even a stylist! Real deal, like they got to pick out clothes (apparently there was some coercing for the white jeans), and they had stuff pinned so it looked just right. The stylist's name is Callie. I think. If I'm wrong will someone tell me so I can fix it?

Watching the shoot.


Shooting the shoot.

Shooooooot.

Can you handle the behind the scenes action?!?!!!!

I don't really know these guys, so it was nice of them to not make me feel like a total weird-o for taking pictures of them getting their pictures taken. Oh, and check out Caspian!

Alex has a blog request...but I told him I'm not writing the story until he leaves me an official request in the comments section. So there.

A gutted house exterior.


Cityscapes.

Now we're getting into the hidden treasures of the roof segment:
What's going on here? Someone spray painted musical instrument stencils onto a wall? I forgot to ask Minh if she knew the back story with this.


A swan without a head. Sounds like a song title, or a premise for a fable.

I call this one: "Plastic Elephant; Rubble." Alternative title: "Awesomeness."

After all the roof-top fun, I went over Abby's for dinner. We were supposed to go out, but she had a long day and just wanted to stay in. But...it was so nice. I told her the next day that I think staying in is the new going out. You heard it here first!

Wally was there too. I kind of felt like I was crashing their dinner-for-two. I brought cookies and ice cream to make up for it!

Abby and I stepped outside for a "soy cigarette" and she showed me this little lot behind her apartment that she is trying to turn into a common patio. She was like, 'I'm a trustee. Wait...I think I'm something like on the board of trustees." Ha!

Making big patio plans, we are.

They keep this thing on serious lock-down. Triple locked! Guess I'll just have to do this the hard way.

Last night I went to Kristen and Lauren and Sarah's. It was our last night hanging there, b/c they're moving out and going different ways. Sad. I took this picture right before we left to go to Sarah's show. This is kind of like finding a hidden treasure of the kitchen. Never noticed it before. Potty mouths!


Just some familiar faces at the show.

And more.

Sarah Rabdau owned the place.

Owning the place all over the place.

Kristen was a late arrival. Late but great.


Kristen's co-worker Paul.

Can you see what is going on with this hat? Oh my god. Paul told me allllll about it. It's a Halloween trick-or-treat hat, with a demon horse wearing a skull necklace and candy corn details. That is one serious hat.


Megan was there too!! She is so pretty and majestically lionesque that she gets two pictures.

These are Megan's friends. The gentleman on the right played before Sarah. His name is Eric with a C, and he told me just like that. Erik with a K really hates when people get it mixed up too, so I understand.


I met up with Leo, Cat, Dave, and their friend who I don't know. Just for a quick how-do-you-do.


What's new Kitty Cat?

You know what I love? When people indulge me. I was running ahead and trying to take everyone's picture, but they kept catching up. So Cat was like, "Everyone stop walking and pretend to be walking!" Yes! The money shot.

3 comments:

mat jeff said...

wowzer. i turn my back for a second and you blow up the blogosphere.

i have anxiety right now.

this comment coming to you from the wahwahwooey lounge (basement office).

Unknown said...

this is a greaT BLOG yo'. when you gonna spice things about about a certain "brownie" incident!

-alex

Anonymous said...

ahh the stories I could tell about that callie girl and the really tall dude from caspian. Went to my college and use to live below me in this apartment house...ha